Brought to by the Student Nursing Association at Cal State San Marcos
Help us raise funds for our organization by donating gently worn, used, or new shoes of all ages. Please bring in your shoes anytime during school hours to CSU San Marcos and Temecula campus.
Collection boxes are in the School of Nursing by the front desk (University Hall building, 3rd floor).
Our goal is to collect 100 bags each filled with 25 pairs of shoes which will earn an average of $1,000. 50% of the proceeds will be used to donate gifts to UCSD patients. These gifts will encourage patients and facilitate their recovery.
Here is a list of gifts that will provide comfort and help heal.
- Hats for cancer patients: Cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy often lose some or all of their hair, leaving their scalp very sensitive. Caps or turbans made of soft cotton help to protect their sensitive scalp.
- Booties: Infants in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit need booties to keep their little feet warm.
- Lap robes or afghans: Patients enjoy having a coverlet to use during their hospital stay.
- Most people do not know that shoes and clothing can be repurposed.
- 85% of consumer textiles end up in landfills, which is extremely harmful to the environment.
The gently worn, used, and new shoes that are collected are consolidated and shipped by Funds2Orgs Group to many micro-enterprise partners around the world, where they are sold to small business owners for a low price. The Funds2Orgs Group seeks to provide an opportunity for people in developing to help themselves out of poverty. They don’t just give away shoes, as this would decimate the local market for shoes and clothing and destroy local jobs.
For more information, please contact: